The Genesee Community College baseball team will kick-off its season with a meeting Monday, Aug. 20 at 5 p.m. in the Technology Building in room T-102.
The purpose of the meeting is to give all potential student-athletes interested in playing baseball for GCC an overview of the baseball program with an emphasis on expectations for the 2018-19 season, which will be led by head coach Skip Sherman.
Attendees are asked to bring to the first meeting two items that include:
- $30 for a GCC baseball shirt and hat
- A GCC completed seven-page form of proof of a physical that can be found at: http://www.geneseeathletics.com/recreation/Physical_Packet.pdf
Please note that no player will be allowed to practice without a completed physical and completed form associated with the physical's results (see link above for copy of accepted form).
Baseball practice will begin Wednesday, Aug. 22 at 4 p.m.
Players should bring the following equipment with them for workout purposes at each practice:
• Two pair of grey baseball pants and a black belt.
• At least two pair of black baseball socks.
• Two plain, black t-shirts.
• One pair of grey shorts.
• Baseball shoes (black shoes are required for most games)
• Any other personal equipment such as; helmets, catchers gear, etc.